Friday, November 6, 2009

Whose Church is it?

"More of you, less of me. Because the more glory I get, the less Jesus gets." That is what Mother Teresa wrote often in her journals. One time a reporter asked her, "Is your work going to live on after you?" She quietly and respectfully dismissed the question, saying, "That is of no concern to me."

What she was saying is that this is God's work not hers. Same for us... the work we are doing is God's work not ours. Sometimes we are sloppy and refer to the church as "my church" or "our church", but it really is Jesus' church. And while I pray that the foundation we are laying will bear fruit for a long time, it is God's decision if CoJ will continue for 100 years or not. What I care most about is that we are raising up people who are actively in love with Jesus and actively sharing his love with others - making God's Kingdom a present reality in our lives, community and world!

What New Testament church still exists today? None! But we are here today because of the work they did. Thanks be to God!

No comments: