Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Greatest Risk...NOT

I am reading Mark Batterson's book "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day" http://chasethelion.com . In something I read yesterday, Mark said, "...taking no risks is the greatest risk of all." I agree, especially when it comes to following Jesus!

This is something that I have learned over and over again. The times that I have taken risks have mostly been times where I have seen God's movement in my life in the greatest way.

Think about it. Taking risks puts us out of our comfort zones in a position where we aren't in control and have to trust God to work. Taking risks is where we move into the realm of where we need God in our lives. Too many times, we just do what we know we can do and we leave God out of the picture!

When we take no risks, we risk not growing deeper in our relationship with God. We risk keeping God out of our lives! We risk missing the greatest blessings God has for us!

No comments: