Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Connections...

Connections... we all need connections! Connections are such a vital role in many aspects of our lives. From the need for cell connection anytime and anywhere( think sprint ads - where the person talking is sharing something vital and the call is obviously dropped at the wrong time) to real time connections face to face to connections that help us through the rough spots of life.

Yesterday, I was helping a friend who has been down and out for a while and is suffering from a health concern that has made him unable to work for long enough that he and his family are "homeless" living with some friends and relatives. I had taken him to a doctors visit and we were told they couldn't see him due to his medical card being with the wrong insurance plan. So, we called a friend who works at the doc's main office and she got us in and actually they are going to write off the visit. Connections are wonderful!

And that's not all, after the visit, we talked to her again and she is working on fast-tracking some surgery for him that will get him back on his feet and able to work sooner rather than later. So hopefully soon, we can get him in a place of his own and his family back together. Connections are wonderful!

Then I was thinking about the connections I have in my life. I am grateful for my connection with my wife, kids, family, church, and friends. But most of all, I am thankful for my connection with God...don't know how I would live without that connection! And the neat thing about our God connections... there is NEVER a dropped call!

No comments: