Monday, December 3, 2012

Evidence of God at Work...

Jesus calls us to love those who persecute us.  He also calls us to love our enemies.  He even calls us to love the unlovable.   That is very hard to do, especially when we get hurt in the mix.

As a Pastor, I love seeing when people in my congregation take this call of Jesus seriously!

In recent weeks, I have seen this evidenced in the lives of two people....

Here is the first account in that person's own words (used with their permission)...
"What a day. My rental house was broken into and so I had more repairs to do than expected. Strangely, I am not angry at the individual(s) that did this. I truly forgive the person(s) that caused the destruction to my house. Why?because no one hurts others unless they are hurting themselves. Hurt, anger, fear, resentment, substance abuse, violence, and apathy do not come from God. They come from be...ing lost in a life of desperation which is far from The Father. I pray for The Holy Spirit to move these unknown offenders to awaken to the love and joy of Jesus Christ. I also find it easy to extend grace, because God extends it to me every day. I will sleep peacefully tonight knowing that the kingdom of heaven is within me. Glory to The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit."
 
And the other one spent significant hours from their day helping someone who has been estranged from them for a while now.   This person went above and beyond to show the love of Christ.  And when I affirmed that, their response was, ... "What good am I to return good for good.  Even the heathen do that."

Responses like these from Christ Followers will change the world!

No comments: