Sunday, February 17, 2008

Smoking with the guys....

Told you that this might be a many post a day blog week!

Tonight I was out smoking with the guys, actually, I wasn't smoking... they were... but I was listening and chatting with them while they were... and I learned alot... though I didn't ask a thing!

One thing I learned is that being homeless is hard... one of the guys was saying how doing nothing day in and day out was harder than when he worked 12 hours a day! (I have no idea why he isn't working now...) But I imagine that the monotony of nothing... is HARD!

He also said he slept outside last night... because he fell asleep on the bus and the driver didn't wake him and he couldn't make it back in time....He said when he woke up this morning his feet were so frozen he was afraid to walk.

Another guy told me he really appreciated the way folks have welcomed him...he said they have really been treated as kings! Good to know they feel that way!

TOTALLY AWESOME experience! So glad to be part of a group of people who so freely share Christ's love!

No comments: