Saturday, February 16, 2008

I have this feeling....


that this week is going to be a many posts a day blog week! I've got so many thoughts running around in my head right now related to our homeless ministry.

First, it is imperative that we do like Jesus did and meet people right where they are! Just as they are...warts and all! That means looking at them with love and remembering that these men are our brothers! That these men are beloved of Christ!

Second, we must constantly remind ourselves that we are representing Jesus to these guys... all day, since setting up, I've been singing this song... "Christ be in my mind, and in my thinking, Christ be in my eyes, in everything I see. Christ be in my ears and in my hearing. Christ be in my mouth and every word I speak. Christ be in my heart and in my loving. Christ be in my life, each moment that I live. " It is a OLD prayer of Teresa of Avilla. And it is a good prayer for us to sing!

No comments: