Friday, February 29, 2008

My Extra Day...

I knew better than to ask the question and not give the answer... right Tracey and Cary!

So, I worked half a day... actually most of the day. But I hadn't planned to work all day... it's just that when you are a pastor, it is hard to separate work from not work.

Belinda had asked me last night if I had time to go by the Library to take one of the guys, Larry, to get his glasses... so, when I finished what I had to do in the office, I went that way. Met Larry, and off we went. It ended up taking a while and then his glasses weren't right, so he has to wait until Wednesday to get them... he was disappointed!

Then I took Larry to meet the bus from the church who is hosting the shelter this week at the transit stop downtown... and many of the guys were there hanging out and we got to talking. Spent half an hour there. It was FUN!

One of the fellas, told me that if they could fill out a survey, we would be TOPS! The food was fabulous and the hospitality genuine... he said the experience at our place made him change his mind about Christians... but then the experience of this week was working the other way... All I could say was I am SORRY!

I am so thankful to be part of a church that doesn't believe in giving out half eaten hamburgers and where we live out our core-values "we believe that every person is valuable to and loved by God" and "that serving others is an expression of our love for God and for God's children."

What a great EXTRA day it was!

No comments: