Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Untied!

On Palm Sunday, I challenged folks at Community of Joy to consider what they have tied up and unavailable to Jesus in the areas of Time, Talent, and Resources.  I used the story of Jesus telling his apprentices to go into town and find a donkey in a certain spot and untie it and bring to him.   He told them if the owner asked what they were doing, they were to tell him that "the Lord needs it".   That's what they did.

I also gave out pieces of string to tie around our wrists as a reminder of the need to untie our time, talent, and resources for Jesus asking God to lead us to that which we needed to make available to him in our lives.

I have been doing just that since then.   And one area that I have clarity in is I need to step up my prayer life, especially praying for the strengthening and growing of our congregation.   I have been doing so and already we are seeing great results!  In my prayers, I am not telling God what to do, but am very conscious that the church is his and he is the one who began it and promises to bring to completion the good work that he has begun.  So, I am asking him to do just that!

I am thankful for what God is doing and excited to see what is ahead of us!   Last night in Bible Study, several of the folks gave testimony to the excitement they are feeling as they see what God is doing among us in recent weeks!  And to the power of God's transformative presence in their lives as well! 

I am glad I untied my prayer life and made myself more available to God in this area!

No comments: