Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Can't Stop Thinking and Praying....

There is so much violence and hatred in our world, I can't stop thinking about it and praying for us to know God's love for ourselves and for each other and to live in love and peace.   The events in Boston are horrific and seem especially so to us here in the USAmerica but the truth is these kind of events happen everyday in many places around our globe.  What makes them seem so horrible to us is that they happened close to home.   I know I am more aware of the devastation of yesterday's events because I personally know 3 people who were less than a block away.   While I am rejoicing that they are well, I am also mourning for the countless people whose lives forever changed yesterday and now must face this horrific event in a personal way. 

I have been thinking about a response to this and have decided to begin a series of sermons on Sunday at Community of Joy called, "What This World Needs..." to explore ways that we who are apprentices of Jesus can make an impact in our world as he calls us to do.

Join me Sunday as we kick off this series... either at 9 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. @ 302 South Blvd. Salisbury, MD!

No comments: