Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Nearly 107...

Today, I have the honor of working on the funeral service for a very sweet lady that I have been blessed to know these past 11 or 12 years.  She was just two months shy of her 107th birthday.  I so enjoyed our visits over the years.  And since her 100th birthday, we shared a little tradition on her birthday every year, through last year's birthday... As long as she was able, we had a cake at the Church for her and then when she wasn't able, we went to her with a cake and sang to her.

Just this past year when I asked to have our picture taken with her, she informed me that she didn't think she would be around for her next birthday... I told her you just never know.  Turns out she was right.   What a precious lady, who just a few days ago, when she asked me if I thought she was dying, told me that she wasn't ready to go yet because she had lots more people she wanted to help!

I hope that when I reach that age, I would have the same perspective... lots more people I want to help!   Rest in peace, Aunt Mattie!  We love and will miss your sweet spirit!




This was our last picture on June 26, 2012 at 106 years young!

No comments: