Friday, December 3, 2010

Blessed to be a Blessing....

Blessed to be a blessing... has a double ring... I very much believe that I am blessed by God so that I can be a blessing to others.  And I believe that this is the calling of all Christ followers.

Today I was blessed to be a blessing in another way!  I had the opportunity to bless others and was truly blessed by sharing.  You see, our congregation has been seeking ways to bless our community... and one of those ways is we have adopted our neighborhood elementary school - Pinehurst.  We have done things like given them school supplies at the begining of the year, and we have given them socks, underwear, and sweatpants so that students that have an "accident" at school can get a change of clothes quickly and return to class- not needing to wait for a parent to bring in a clean set.  And we have done this for 3 years now.   This fall, we were delighted to be asked to help in other ways.  Today, it was my pleasure to give a couple hours of my time, along with two others from our congregation, to help serve icecream toppings at an awards incentive for 250 or so students.  It was a real blessing to me!

I look forward to coming months and the opportunities afforded me to be a blessing and to be blessed by doing so!

No comments: