Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Happy Anniversary....

October is a month of anniversaries for me... and not the one to my wife!

To begin with, it is the anniversary of the begining of our pastorate here at Community of Joy!

And this year it is the anniversary of my diagnosis with Diabetes!  I continue to thank God for that diagnosis!  It has forever changed my life!  I am excited to see the doc at the end of the month to see how my numbers are, but they should be great!

About the changes... I am now walking faithfully 6 days a week for an hour at a high rate of speed.  I now look for ways to exercize more.  I am eating better and much less... holding at 51 pounds of weight loss.   Might work on a few more pounds but happy where I am now and that I am able to hold it off easily.  Mostly by diet and exercized and extending grace on desserts once a week.

For me, diabetes was a wake up call. 

Last year it hit me on a week off to hunt... this year, that's not happening... I am gonna enjoy a week off to hunt!   Thanks to getting it under control.

So, Happy Anniversary to the new me!

No comments: