Monday, October 18, 2010

Anxiously Finishing Up...

Today, I am in the office working hard to get things in order for next week so that I can enjoy my week of vacation to hunt!  Looking forward to getting out in the woods to spend some time hanging from a tree and observing nature up close and personal!

Will hunt whitetails locally on Tuesday and Wednesday and then off to Dorchester to help guide for Sika for the 3 day muzzleloader season... hopefully to fit a hunt for me in there somewhere.  Then Monday I will finish with bow hunting whitetail again. 

Have a great spot that I have been saving for this week... think as the whitetail rut begins it will be a great place to encounter some BIG bucks!

One thing I love about hunting is the quiet time to think, pray, and just chill out!  It does a body and soul good to be in the woods.

1 comment:

cathy b. said...

I just came across this at
http://www.creationcareforpastors.com
Creation is God's provision for us, body and soul. Psychologists would call it "fascination" or
"biophilia": When we are exposed to nature, our blood pressure lowers, our stress hormones
retreat, and our endorphins surge to make the heart glad. Psalm 104 is the psalmist in a mode
of fascination, in a mystical awareness of the creation. At the end of Psalm 104, it says so:
"May my meditation be pleasing to Him, as I rejoice in the Lord." (v. 34) Similarly, the Hebrews
prayed with the eyes open much of time. In Genesis 24:63, Isaac "went out to the field to
meditate one evening, and as he looked up he saw…"