Friday, April 9, 2010

SMILING!!!!

Part of my 6 day a week "take care of me" routine is to walk for at least an hour at the mall in the early morning. Usually I walk for half an hour with Sharon and half and hour by myself with some preacher or leadership teacher in my ear on my ipod.

Today, right after Sharon left, I was rounding the corner by Dick's Sporting Goods and heard a tap on the window from inside Dick's. At first I ignored it, but it tapped louder and louder. So, I looked to see what was happening and when I did... the sight brought a smile to my face and to my heart!

Inside Dick's, dressed in the store uniform - green t-shirt and khaki pants was Kenny... one of our guests at our homeless shelter and one whom I had contact with at the other shelters I helped with. He was cleaning the floor! A smile came across my face when I saw the BIG smile on his and his thumbs up. I gave a thumbs up and proceeded on my walk. AWESOME, God! Thanks for helping Kenny to find a job!

The next time around I looked in the other window and there he was still working hard. The last time around, the big steel door was opening into the mall entrance and ducking under it was Kenny and the manager. Kenny came over to me, shook my hand and happily asked how I was doing and then replied to the same question asked of him. He happily said he has been working there for 3 weeks! How awesome!

That's what we hope to see happen for our guests at the end of the program! Praise God for his provision for Kenny!

No comments: