Monday, April 26, 2010

Margin

This week our small group is working at the soul training exercise of creating margin in our lives! It is so necessary to have margin. Our lives are so full and we fill them to the brim. Margin is the edges of paper where nothing is written. It is also the down times and the times of renewal in your day. I have been working at creating margin in my life for a while now. Each day, I try to read a selected passage of scripture and pray. And each day (6 out of 7) I am committed to walking for an hour, which relieves stress and is time to think about life. And I try to have some down time at the end of each day.

Recently I have been enjoying reading Seth Godin's books... and in the one called "The Dip" he writes..."Quit the wrong stuff. Stick with the right stuff. Have the guts to do one or the other." If we apply these ideas, then we will be creating margin!

No comments: