Saturday, January 10, 2009

Returned....

A couple of years ago, I was able to convince my friend, Wil to stop duck hunting and start deer hunting... we both enjoyed hunting turkeys. I loved hunting deer and he loved hunting ducks... I hated duck hunting with kayaks in the dark nights and cold waters....so, he started deer hunting and we got out of duck hunting... well today, we both returned to ducks!

We have a mutual friend, Paul, who has a great place on the bay below Snow Hill who emailed me on Thursday wondering if Wil and I wanted to join him. We jumped at that chance. Besides spending time with good friends, it was awesome... to be able to WALK to the spot on DRY land... no boats necessary! And to top it off, we had lots of ducks flying and a BEAUTIFUL sunrise over Assateague Island. Too bad I didn't take my camera!

I was the only one the bagged a duck as most of what came in were buffleheads and we don't like to eat them... I wanted a male bufflehead to mount... so, I have it skinned out already and in the freezer until the form comes and then I will give it eternal life in my office!

2 comments:

Russ Matteson said...

That is certainly a new take on eternal life. I wonder how the duck feels about it?

Martin Hutchison said...

Not sure how the duck feels about it... couldn't understand him!

But I feel great! I will be able to enjoy looking at him forever! And others will get to see him too!