Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How Far....

I spent some time yesterday, shoveling the snow at the ministry center. And as I did, I remembered a sermon I heard nearly 20 years ago... that asked the question about raking leaves, but you could also ask it about shoveling snow! In fact, I did ask it yesterday... how far do you shovel on the sidewalk? Our property adjoins Bethany Lutheran's property, and by law, we are required to address the sidewalks in front of our property within 24 hours of a snow. But no one had done Bethany Lutheran's... so do I stop at the line? Or do I shovel past the line a bit? Or do I shovel all of their sidewalk?

And interesting question.... with no right answer!

I ended up shoveling beyond our line a good ways, but not all of their sidewalk. If I had more time and my back wasn't bothering me, I would have gone farther.

How far do you shovel?

No comments: