Friday, January 16, 2009

My 2009 Mantra....

Out of last week's sermon... looking at the John 15 passage where Jesus talks about staying connected to him and drawing our strength from that connection. And where he talks about the need to prune (allow God to prune) things in our lives... two things that are being pruned in my life....

With my family (especially the kids!) my new 2009 mantra is "Let Go!" -- It's time to stop guiding so much with the reigns and to let the foundation I have spent all these years laying be built upon! And if along the way they learn some important lessons by experience, then so be it!

With my role as Pastor at Community of Joy, my new 2009 mantra is "Let Others!" -- It's time for me to stop being at the heart and center of everything and time to work more intentionally at empowering others. If that means that things aren't done the way I would do them, then so be it!

When these things change... it will be evident that God did the changing!

I have pasted the mantras in my office in visible locations, and as my screen saver. As well as I am telling others about them... that way they can hold me accountable!

More and better fruit will grow when I live into these two!

No comments: