Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Spent most of the day on my knees!

Yep, you read that right! I spent most of the day on my knees... putting leaves in trash bags at the Ministry Center. Frank Potvin used the blower to put them in piles and I raked them and put them in 26 trash bags. My knees are soiled from being on them... but that is easier on the ole back than bending over to do it.

While I was on my knees, I spent some time praying for our church's growth and impact.

I also spent some time in deep theological reflection! I just love the fall... and yes for more than deer hunting! I love the beauty of the spectacular colors.... but then those beautiful leaves fall to the ground and you have to do something with them. If you don't, you aren't being a very good neighbor! Any ways, while I was on my knees gathering these leaves, I was thinking... how wonderful it would have been if Adam and Eve hadn't eaten the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil! After all, if they hadn't, we wouldn't have to toil so hard to gather the leaves!!!!


It sure looks nice though with the leaves up and the grass mowed! Who would have thought that the brushy lot we bought looks this nice now!

No comments: