Sunday, October 21, 2007

Spending time with my nephew...

Actually went deer hunting yesterday and had a great time. Spent the afternoon with my 9 year old nephew. He and I had some great bonding time sitting in the fall woods in a tree stand 25 feet up in the air. We watched countless squirrels and saw 12-15 deer. It was a fun time... he is really excited about hunting and I am excited to be sharing something I love with him.

Couldn't help but take a trip down memory lane as he and I sat there last night. He is 9 and I was 9 when I shot my first deer right from that very location. Last night, we had a string of deer come by and I got two with my muzzleloader, which was a small feat since you only get one shot at a time and reloading is a cumbersome task. Those two made 3 for the day... we will be enjoying venison this winter as always!

Benjamin had a great time and so did I! For a young man who finds it challenging to sit still most of the time, he had no problem doing so when we were in the woods! I hope to take him again real soon! But first, I must do some butchering!

No comments: