Friday, October 12, 2007

A beautiful day and what I needed....




After several weeks of feeling overwhelmed with schedule and projects, I finally got out for a hunting experience and what a renewing time it was/is!


I really enjoy hunting sika deer on Assateague Island and this morning a friend and I left the K-mart shopping center parking lot at 5 a.m. for the trip to the island. We saw several sika deer including a really nice stag on our way in... neither of us saw a thing while hunting. But we both enjoyed watching the sun come up over the ocean and getting away from the hustle and bustle.


On our way off the island we saw the snowy igrets roosted in a quiet cove and couldn't resist a couple pics. Also saw this 8 pt white-tail buck and snapped a few of him.


It is so important to take time off and get away... Next week I hope to do more!

No comments: