Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Assumptions get us in trouble...

Tonight, Jim and Carol Replogle's small group met at the ministry center to hear a friend of Dan and Pat Mahan's share about her trip to South Korea and a visit to a HUGE United Methodist Church there. It was a great program! But it was not the program I advertised.

You see, Pat told me that she visited the largest church in Korea... and I knew that the largest church in Korea was Paul Yingi Cho's church of over 750,000 members.... so that is what I advertised... but Darlene visited the largest United Methodist Church in South Korea with the membership of only 126,000! Some times assuming things gets us in trouble....

My former boss from my college days always said, "Assume Nothing!" And boy was she right! Sorry that I made the false assumption and wrongly publicized the event... however I doubt anyone but Pat and I knew it!

No comments: