Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Honored!

Today I was honored to be an observer in someone's blessing others with Christ's love.   I got the text yesterday asking if I would want to go along and I sure did!  Thanks Ms. Tami for asking!  And thanks too for taking the initiative to respond to God's prompting in your life!

A few weeks ago, I got an email from Ms. Tami Brown asking if there were a family at Pinehurst Elementary School that she could be part of blessing this Christmas.  She had been unable to participate in the Community of Joy initiative but wanted to do something. So, I gave her the contact I use most at the school and got out of the way!   They agreed that she would help a large family.  Ms. Tami sent out a wonderfully touching email to her circle of friends explaining how God had used a tv show to pull at her heart string and inviting her friends to be part of the blessing.  No sruprise but they responded in a very generous way.

Yesterday, she sent me this picture of some of the stuff that she had gathered...


Today, we met outside the school and went in to the office to meet the guidance counselor.  Then out to the parking lot to load the guidance counselor's car with the goodies as she was taking them straight to the family.   What a touching moment!  This effort and ones like it will go a long way in attracting people to Christ - as his followers share his love generously!!!!  (Contrast it to the one I blogged about yesterday! Below)

 
While there, the guidance counselor had no idea who I was and she proceeded to tell me about the church that was their faith based partner and the generous gifts that this church had shared with each class and how she involved students yesterday to help distribute the gifts to each class and how touched the teachers were.  I then told her that I was the pastor of that church - Community of Joy and she couldn't say enough positive things about how touching these gifts were to the teachers and classes.

What a great way to start the day!  Thanks Ms. Tami for allowing me to join in!

No comments: