Thursday, June 30, 2011

An Interesting Morning...

And it's not even 10 a.m. yet.   So far have spent the morning on the phone!

First with a person in our congregation who thinks that just because something makes sense to them that the doctor will agree and work things out in the way that makes sense to them!  Highly doubt it will work that way!

Second, I get alot of phone calls from people in the community needing help from the church.  Today, I got one that is a first for me.  Can't imagine even thinking a church would help in this way.  The woman knew who I was (Pastor Hutchison) and then proceeded to tell me she needed help.  I asked how I could help... then she proceeded to say, "I need $291.96  because my husband died and that is what flowers cost."  I promptly told her I was sorry, and that I could not help with that.

Third, I had a charge on my credit card from the wedding I officiated in Lancaster for the room.   The bride said they took care of the room and the hotel (A Double Tree by Hilton) first said they needed my card incase incidentals were charged to the room, but then charged me for the room.  When I inquired why I was charged the next day, they assured me that they refunded my money.  The bride got it settled and told me so after the wedding.  But when the bill came, it is on my account for $165.39.   SO, I called the hotel, asked for a manager and she was very nice... she assured me that the credit was made on the 18th to my card.  So, then I called my card company and they said no credit is issued and it should be by now.  So the two of them are working it out.   Which I am sure they will get worked out soon!

Hope the afternoon goes better!

No comments: