Monday, June 27, 2011

I TOTALLY Agree!

Yesterday, a good group of people from Community of Joy decided to delay their lunch plans and eat their cake before they had lunch - all to help our dear Aunt Mattie celebrate her 105th birthday. 

It was a touching moment for sure!

As most  gathered in the living room of Marie's home and enjoyed chatting together with the birthday girl... Pastor Sharon and I were in the kitchen with Marie (Mattie's sister in law and whose home Mattie lives in now).  Marie, with tears in her eyes, kept saying over and over... "This is what I love about our church - there is no finer group of people!"

And all afternoon, I kept thinking to myself, I so totally agree with Marie!  What a great group of people make up Community of Joy!  Selfless, generous, giving, eager to love others - So honored to be part of such a group!  Some, who were at the early worship gathering even came back to join in the fun!  What an awesome group of people!

Marie, this is what I love about our church too, there is no finer group of people!  Eager to be the hands and feet of Jesus!

No comments: