Monday, May 2, 2011

Today....

Since hearing the news today, I find myself just wanting to be alone. 

And when I watch the crowds celebrating and chanting, I am drawn to the wisdom of Solomon found in the Bible in Proverbs 24:17: "Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice".

And I feel, the violent destruction of evil must be greeted with silence and solemnity not crude celebration.

So, I sit alone, reading and praying!

I was asked to do an interview with Lisa Bryant from WBOC after she saw my post on Facebook of the proverb.  And for a while I considered it.  I am still waiting to talk to her about her thoughts.  But as I have prayed about it, I have felt that I will not do it.

On one hand it will be good to share my thoughts...it will be good exposure for our church... it will be a witness to the Prince of Peace - Jesus Christ.   But on the other hand... it will only be a sound bite for an issue that is bigger and deeper than only a sound bite.  And furthermore, I won't get to choose the sound bite!

So, today, I sit alone, praying and reading in silence!

No comments: