Tuesday, May 24, 2011

In Love!

I have been a follower of Jesus since 1976 when I felt a deep urge to say yes to his leadership in my life.  I have been a pastor since 1990.  And I have read the Bible many times through in these years!  But more and more each year I find that I am falling deeper and deeper in love with the Bible and the way it reveals God who is revealed to us in Jesus.  One thing that never ceases to amaze me is that everytime I read from the Bible, I learn something new and my relationship with Jesus goes to a deeper level.

For years, I tried to mine the bible for nuggets of truth or inspiration or guidance.  But now I just sit and read and listen for the Holy Spirit to speak a new insight or an affirmation or a challenge that would allow me to be a better follower of Jesus.     There is no way that if I had 100 years to read the Bible, I would know it all or fully arrive... each morning brings a fresh outpouring of the Spirit.

No comments: