Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thoughts about rain...and prayer.

We REALLY need rain! It is VERY dry outside... no question about it! BUT, we are distributing water bottles as a welcome to Salisbury University Freshmen today and we will have more fun doing it if it doesn't rain.

Imagine the quandary we put God in when we pray for rain at specific times and in specific places and not in others. I am sure there are farmers who are praying for rain for their very thirsty crops and I am sure there are college students and their parents who are praying for it not to rain so that they can move in today in the dry!

A long time ago, I decided that I wouldn't bother God with requests about the weather, that I would simply live my life by adapting to whatever the weather is at the time.

No comments: