Thursday, August 28, 2008

Giving out water at SU...







Today, 6 of us participated in the Salisbury University Survival of Arrival Event that seeks to welcome freshman students to Salisbury and to the University. We set up a booth and gave out free cold water bottles and flyers announcing our Pork Roast. It was a grand time and though it was cut short by rain, it was well worth the effort! Lots of connections made and exposure.
Fascinating that I saw a guy walking toward me with his wife and daughter... I recongnized him from Easton High School... he was the class ahead of me. I called his name and he looked at me and called mine!
Jenilee has a great line today... "we are just down the street." That got folk to ask where! Then she gave them a map.
I had a great line too! It got lots of sttention coming from a church... with a cold water bottle extended toward someone who was walking away, I said, "Want a cold one?" And IMMEDIATELY they looked to see what I was offering and often took one!

No comments: