Thursday, August 28, 2008

Taken back in time....

It's interesting how certain sights, smells, tastes, and sounds can transport us from the present to a distant time and place. This morning, I was transported back to my teen years when I spent two weeks of every summer living/ visiting with my grandparents on my mother's side in Hagerstown, MD on their dairy farm. EVERY morning for breakfast one of the things that my Grandfather Grove ate was puffed wheat. My grandmother kept it in large 2 quart jars on the kitchen counter. I loved puffed wheat then. This morning, I was eating the remnants of cereal from our camping trip (we always use the individual boxes there) and there were two boxes of Sugar Smacks left... when I poured them into the bowl, I was transported back to my grandparents kitchen long ago!

No comments: