Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Thanks for ALL your work, Jim!



No one gave more time at the ministry center in the construction phase than Jim Replogle. He was there on average 50 hours a week for the last 4 weeks. It was fun to work together! Probably not many pastors and Leadership Team Leaders have spent so much time together as we have in this project.
Jim's favorite tool was his father's 4 ft. level which was missing a bubble or two... but the running joke was that every time we needed some special tool for a specific job, it was time to get out my trusty flat bar! No one had ever seen one before... I got mine in high school when I worked for Jimmy Sedgwick @ Shore Hospitality Contractors in Easton and it has come in handy lots of times. I searched high and low for one for Jim... Found one in the paint section at Lowes and bought it... painted it gold, and wrote the following note on it... "Jim, thanks for being a blessing to me, CoJ, and the work of God through the generosity of your time, leadership, and talents. Pastor Martin 7-22-07"
My friend Laura Swann took these pics of me presenting it to Jim. Thanks Laura!
Wouldn't you know that this gift was the one thing I left at home on Sunday morning when I came to the ministry center... I HAD to go home to get it... and man is it a lot longer ride!

No comments: