Monday, June 24, 2013

Teamwork is the BEST work!

Yesterday, Sharon and Caroline and I spent the afternoon and evening (till moon rise) on the beach at Assateague National Seashore.  We drove my truck about a mile and a half down the beach and enjoyed our time together waiting on the moon rise.   While there, I took a walk to see what animals I could see and came across a pair of piping plovers that were acting strange.  At first I thought they had a nest nearby and were trying to keep me from finding it.  One of them would do the "Wounded Bird" dance trying to lead me away.  So, I just sat still for a while and watched and soon I discovered that they didn't have a nest, but they had three fledglings that they were protecting.  So, I set up with my camera hoping to get some pictures ( a bigger task than I thought as they are fast)

I was able to catch a couple shots of the babies.  And a couple shots of one parent with some of the babies.  I had hoped to catch a shot of all of them but that didn't happen.  The pictures are not the greatest because the angle of the sun and the harsh light that it was still.



 
What caught my attention was the way the two parents worked together to watch over and protect their young.  One would stay near the young and the other would try to lead me away from them.  They would even reverse roles.
 
It occurs to me that in the church, we need to do a better job of working together in teams.  Teams share the load, increase the efficiency, and help everyone feel more empowered and part of the body.   God created us to live in community and gifted us each with differing gifts so that we will go farther together.
 


No comments: