Wednesday, June 26, 2013

New Horizons....

Out of the work I did in the Advanced Foundations of Church Leadership Experience, I have been thinking about how I can strengthen my leadership.  I am about to begin my 15th year of pastoring here at Community of Joy.  They have been 14 good years!  But I have not seen the congregation grow in numbers or influence like I had dreamed it would.

So, I am doing some intentional work on how to reorient and leverage my leadership gifts by changing the way I do things.  Getting some great ideas through prayer and from a book I have been reading for things I can do to change the way I lead and minister.

At the same time, I am thinking that it is time to have a conversation at the leadership level of Community of Joy about how we might reorient the way we do things and give new articulation to what we are about so that it might focus us in new ways and enable us to be more effective in sharing Christ's love with our community and world so that we would grow in numbers and more importantly in influence for Jesus!

Stay tuned!

No comments: