Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It takes all of us....

I don't mind mowing grass for a number of reasons... one it is good exercise, two it is great prayer time, three it is necessary to keep a place looking nice!

I took my turn at the Community of Joy Ministry Center this morning.  I never want it to be said of me that I was unwilling to get my hands dirty or to do hard work or to do what I ask others to do.  We don't hire the lawn care, we ask for volunteers and I like to take my turn.

It is hard for me to believe that in 2007 when we bought this property, the very picture above looked like this...

 
Notice this is the same perspective as the one above! (can't really see our building)

 
This one is looking from our building to the neighboring church. 
 
You can see the work we had to do to reclaim this land and make it useable.  Even that took lots of help from volunteers.  It really does take all of us to do the work of ministry and to maintain the ministry center that Jesus provided us!
 
We are looking for volunteers to take a turn each week.  Mower and gas provided.  Sign up sheet is in the Ministry Center Lobby.


No comments: