Thursday, June 21, 2012

Stephen's Story...

Received this email from my friend Stephen Slocum last night... (he gave permission to post it and pics)

Pastor Martin : Lots of thoughts going through my head tonight.   I sent you a picture Sunday 6-10-12 four days before a very long and intense surgery to remove a large tumor on my tongue along with a couple of glands from my neck that may be infected. The other picture was taken today less than 6 days after the surgery. To those who know me I like to be Frankenstein during Halloween will save lots this year on make-up I now have one scare from the bottom of my left ear around my
neck to my chin and one about five inches below my neck. I felt pretty chipper before and wanted to see how I looked in my costume.

How would you handle this situation. I could take a whole different attitude of why me Lord.  I go to Church, I'm a nice guy, I spread your word, why have you done this to me....Nope!   I LOVE the blessing! How do we really know where our faith lies unless we get a chance to still be on board the
boat when then waves are coming over the sides?   I called out to God several times to be with me especially in the OR where you are naked and tied down and surrounded by 20 plus people getting to work on me - most would be scared! But not me!  Why ( I had my Best Friend and Father with me ) then another time in the ICU I was being attacked by EVIL things and visions again I called out for help from God and again evil was removed.

I'm so thankful to you for re-introducing me to my Father in heaven!  I really feel sorry, sad for those who don't have that relationship what would they do during this situation?  As you are aware
this is just another one of many major challenges my family and I have faced this year from Breast Cancer, Heart Attack, Sudden Death Cardiac Arrest which added a defibulator  to my body, and now major Cancer Removal Surgery, by the way had a car accident in this year too, which for most people it would be a big thing - I know it's my business, but this did not even register.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN MY SITUATION....health care, work, etc..........DONT NEED TO BE ALONE IN THE BOAT!   If you know of anyone that would benefit from my talking to them, please send them my way!   Also, know that I am praying for the growth of our men's Bible Study group - Get Nailed Men's Bible Study Group which has been a major force of encouragement to me throughout all of this!


Gods Peace,

Your Brother in Christ Stephen
                                                                     Stephen Before Surgery

Stephen After Surgery

One Incision




No comments: