Monday, June 25, 2012

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made...

The psalm writer says,

"For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

Psalm 119:13-16.

As you probably know, I have been still under the affects of my bells palsey since March 2011.  But I am happy to report that I am making slow progress.  After 15 acupuncture appointments and about a month of taking chinese herbs, I am now able to whistle more than ever before and my eye is not as restricted as it was.  However, one thing that I am marveling at is the interconnectedness of our body parts.  When I went to Indiana earlier in June, I saw a friend who sang in our wedding and was in seminary with us, who is now an acupuncturist.  He showed me a Korean hand reflexology to use in the hopes that it will promote healing in my face and indeed I think it is!

I know that when I do the massage, it feels less restricted; and I think it is staying that way when I am done.

This is where the above verse comes in.  My trouble is with my right side of my face, but the spot that I am to put pressure on and massage with a round object like a pencil is on my right middle finger.  A small spot out near the end of the finger on the inside  of the finger near the fingernail.  I am absolutely amazed that this spot affects my eye and mouth, but it sure seems that way to me.

I am in awe of how God made our bodies.  Indeed, we are fearfully and wonderfully made!  And all thanks be to God, the creator of all!

No comments: