Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Gifts....

I had a neat text exchange last night with one of our youth!  On Sunday, I was encouraging folks to think about the gifts that God has given them and the passions they have.  I think all of us have at least one gift.  On Sunday, I said that anyone who didn't know what their gift was should see me.  It is out of that context that the text came last night.  The youth was wanting to know what her gift was.

So, I began by asking what she thought it might be.  She had no idea.  So, I listed 4 gifts that I see in her.  And her reply was that those were "common gifts"  nothing special.

So, I responded in a variety of ways but the one that I want to share here is this... "It is not the gift that makes you special, it is how you use the gift that makes you special."   In other words, the gift of compassion is a gift that lots of people share but those who use the gift to make a difference in someone's life are special!

What gift/s do you have?  And are you willing to employ them for the Kingdom of God?

No comments: