Friday, February 4, 2011

Refreshed!

A change of place + a change of pace = Change of perspective.  It really does!

This is now the second year that I have taken advantage of the cheaper winter rates of hotels in Ocean City, MD to get away.  It's only half an hour away, but the difference it makes is tremendous. 

I take breakfast and lunch items so that I don't have to leave the room for those.  But after a long day of praying, reading, dreaming, setting goals... I am ready to head out for a break at supper time.  However, both nights I did take a book to read while waiting on my dinner.

With no one else around and no taxi running I am able to start my day early and go as long as I want... usually till well after supper.  This year I was able to read 3 complete books (they were easy reads- a series of 3- each had 99 chapters of 1-3 pages in length.... and each chapter was an idea on the topic of the book)  Alos completed half a book on my kindle.  In addition, I was able to map out the preaching schedule through May.  And on top of that, I set out 12 action steps of things I want to accomplish in the next month and a half.

Besides all of that, there was time to walk and pray!

Highly recommend getting away and changing pace for pastors!  It really does change the perspective!

No comments: