Thursday, February 4, 2010

Next Reformation!

One of the things I am doing for my relationship with Sharon and my diabetes is I am walking at the mall two times a day 5 or 6 days a week. Sharon and I walk every morning from 7:30 - 8 ish. And then I go back to get another hour or so in. While walking on my own, I listen to an ipod of some preacher or leadership development. Today I listened to Rick Warren. And he said something I have been saying for a long while, but he names it in a way that is helpful.

I have long said that we are in the midst of a second reformation in the church. And it is needed!

Rick says that the first reformation was "about creeds and the second reformation is about deeds." I think he is right!

It's not so much what we believe, but what we do with what we believe. We need to be the hands and feet of Jesus in the world! We are called to Love God and Love Others... that's action!

No comments: