Monday, December 7, 2009

What a day!





What a day today was!

It began at 2:40 a.m. for me when the alarm rang too early... but up I jumped and got myself ready to start the day. Met Glen Costa at his house at 4 and then we traveled to our destination in Crisfield ... arrived at 4:45.... what we thought was 15 minutes early, turned out to be 1 hour and 15 minutes early.

The rest of the gang joined us and the captain and mate and soon we were on our way... for me, it was my FIRST ever Rock Fishing trip. And what a trip it was!

After our nearly hour ride to our spot in the Tangier Sound, we put 20 lines in the water and began the trolling. Before the fish got on... we drew straws to see who would reel in the first one. I was the lucky guy! So, when the mate said, "Fish On!" It was my turn. It happened to be on the longest line (340 yards out) and after what was a tiring reel, I landed the BIGGEST fish of the day and of my life! It weighed 38 pounds and was 44 inches long! I almost traded my slot to go second so that I could see how it was done before my turn... glad I didn't as the second guy reeled in the smallest fish of the day. One that my fish could have eaten in one bite!

It was one special and memorable day! Thanks Glenn and Captains Curtis Johns Sr and Jr. They are great captains!

No comments: