Sunday, December 13, 2009

Rediscovering the Wonders of Scripture

Another awesome thought from Mark Batterson's new book, Primal: The Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity.

"The quest for the lost soul of Christianity always leads us back to the Bible. But rediscovering the wonders of Scripture requires more than reading. That's where the quest begins, but that's not where it ends. Not if you want to get it into your soul. You have to meditate on it. Then you have to live it out. Meditating on it turns one-dimensional knowledge into two dimensional understanding. Living it out turns two-dimensional understanding into three-dimensional obedience....Reading without meditating is like taking one glance through the kaleidoscope without turning it. So many colorful and beautiful patterns of truth remain undiscovered simply because we think we've seen everything there is to see when we haven't seen anything yet."

I can't begin to tell you what an impact reading and meditating on the bible has made in my life, but it is HUGE! I've been reading it regularly for over 20 years now and I still see new insights that impact the way I live my life.

I highly encourage everyone to begin the journey of reading through and meditating on the Bible each day... it WILL change the way you live your life!

No comments: