Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Power of DBR...

Just finished my DBR for today! It is a powerful thing to do! I miss it when I don't do it! And I walk in a power not my own when I do.

Today's DBR was from Matthew 1-4 and in it we find the reason it is so powerful. Jesus himself faced temptation... and when he did, he responded to it by quoting Scripture that informed his decision to walk on the path toward God. Knowing Scripture kept Jesus walking in God's direction and not headed toward the temptation.

The same can be true for us! But before we can know it, we have to read it! That's where a practice of DBR comes in. DBR is nothing more than a Daily Bible Reading program where you set aside a block of time to read a portion of scripture and reflect on it. I also end my time with prayer. I follow a daily reading schedule that in the course of a year will have me reading through the Old Testament once and the New Testament twice. It is a powerful thing in my life, when I do it.

Try it for the next 30 days ... you will find it's power too, for sure!

Here is the plan I use....http://www.navpress.com/uploadedFiles/BRP2.pdf

No comments: