Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Let your Yes be Yes....

Had an interesting experience this morning at a bank in Fruitland. The NWTF chapter that I was president of, closed a year ago. The Treasurer was very sick at the time and we never closed the account. Today, the VP and myself met at the bank to close the account. It had a little over $ 1100 in the account.

What amazes me is that the two of us walked into the bank with the check book and the statement in hand and walked out with a cashiers check made out to another chapter. The amazing part is that neither of us had to show id nor sign a thing and neither of us bank at that bank. I find it hard to believe that we weren't asked for id or to sign anything. Maybe that is how it should be... after all as a follower of Jesus, he encourages us to "let our yes be yes and our no be no".

Glad that is how I conduct my life! But still amazed that they didn't want to see ID or have me sign anything.

No comments: