Friday, December 7, 2007

That's what friends are for...

A few weeks ago, I helped a friend of mine move. It was a big task and took most of the day. But that's what friends are for!

Yesterday, I was able to get away to hunt on Assateague Island for Sika Deer. Only I got away a little later than I wanted to and was rushed in getting my gear together, so I forgot some important items. First I forgot my sika call.... if only I had it with me, I could have called to the two stags I heard bugle nearby me. They might have come in before it got dark. But it was here at home.

The most important thing I forgot.... I was almost to Berlin, running later than I wanted when I realized I didn't have my boots. The only shoes I had were the ones on my feet, which were docksiders... not a great shoe to traipse around the marshes of Assateague in. So, I called my friend Ted, who is the chief ranger there, who is the one I helped move. And I asked him if he had a spare pair of boots... turns out he did! My friend sure saved the day...

That's what friends are for... to help one another out! I am thankful to have opportunities to be a friend to others and to have friends who help me out!

No comments: