Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Enticing....

Today at lunch time, I went to the mall to get a hair cut. While walking to Mastercuts, I saw all the mall kiosks. Believe it or not, this is the first time I have been to the mall this Christmas season! Anyhow, at some of these kiosks, there are sales people who are paid to play! Playing with their remote controlled gadgets is a way of enticing you to look a little longer and to see what fun they are having and thus want one of the toys for yourself.

As I was walking by... I thought, how much this is like what we should be doing with our faith! We should be living it in the market place so that others will see it and be drawn to inquire of Jesus. After all, he is a better companion and adds more to our lives than any toy! Too often we turn people off by the way we live/act in the market place rather than draw them closer to Jesus.

In my devotions this morning, the passages were from I Corinthians 9-11 where Paul is encouraging us to not be stumbling blocks for others.... if people see the fun and fulfillment we find in being a life companion with Jesus, they will be drawn to him not propelled from him!

No comments: