Monday, December 10, 2007

Available....

Yesterday, I asked one of our retired pastors in our congregation to speak for me on Dec. 30 when I will be on vacation. He got out his calendar and saw that nothing was on it. And then told me how the usual plans for the new year involved going back to PA to visit kin and get a new year's day meal of pork and sauerkraut. Then his lovely wife made a comment about being available to say yes when God calls. A few minutes later, he called me over to say that he was indeed available and would speak on the 30th! I am so touched by this couple's desire to be available to God when he calls! I wish I could say that I always answered God's call with such ease and a desire to ALWAYS be available to him!

Thanks Charles and Marilyn for teaching me about being available to God!

No comments: