Wednesday, February 29, 2012

LEAP Day!

Today is Leap Day... a day that only comes once every 4 years.   So, here is what I have been thinking... we ought to do something that we wouldn't normally do... leap... take a risk.... try something new.   

Not sure what that will be for me today, but I am pondering the thought.    What risk can I take?   How can I leap from where I am to another place? 

Taking a risk often involves moving out of a place of comfort.   What place of comfort will I move out of today?   I am open to taking a risk... moving from a place of comfort... just not sure what it will be.

What about you?

An interesting thing I read this morning on a blog that I read regularly.   The pastor was announcing that their Saturday worship gathering was no longer going to happen in a space that they have been meeting in for years (they own it too) and transitioning to a new location... all because they were out of room at the first location and had several hundred more seats at the new location.   And here is what caught my attention about what he said..."While I love the worship space and vibe of the (first location), we are out of room and if you can’t invite a friend to church because there is no place to sit, then you are defeating the purpose for which you exist."

No comments: