Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Praying for our pastors today...



It's hard to ask for prayers for yourself... at least I find it so. But today our One Prayer guide suggests that we pray for our pastors. I appreciate your prayers on my behalf and thought I would give a few areas that you could pray for in this regard.

1. Pray for a fresh anointing in the preaching arena. (sometimes I find that preaching week in and week out gets tiring! and coming up with creative ways to communicate the message is hard week in and week out... )

2. Pray for insight, discernment and direction to lead our congregation past the 100 barrier and in the starting of another worship gathering. Also as we seek to engage our community in new ways.

3. Pray for my ability to navigate the waters of beginning to release my teenage daughters and for my ability to guide them as they move toward adulthood. (this is one of the hardest tasks of parenting for me!)

4. Pray for my marriage to Sharon to continue to grow deeper and stronger. This year we will celebrate 20 years of marriage!

No comments: