Sunday, October 7, 2012

What An AWESOME Group...

Leading the folks at Community of Joy Church is quite rewarding!   You see they are some of the most generous and genuine Christ Followers I know!  On Thursday, I put out an email concerning a need that I had become aware of in our community and they responded in ways that blow my mind!

The back story...

A few weeks ago, there was a house fire in the neighborhood around our Ministry Center and the family of 4 got out with only what was on their backs.  I tried to go by the house the day I read about the fire in the house to see how we could help... but couldn't find anyone around to talk to.  So, Wednesday, I got a phone call from the woman telling me someone had told her that we might be able to help.  I told her that we would definitely like to help and then invited her to church, but told her that in no way was their coming to church a requirement for our helping them.

Thursday I sent out the email and almost immediately the responses began pouring in!

Today in worship we will share what we have collected so far and make arrangements to get them what we don't yet have.   And we will pray a prayer of blessing on them!

God is moving in our midst in some pretty amazing ways!

No comments: