Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Nothing except a miracle...

Been a while since I blogged about my lingering effects from Bells Palsy.   Went to the eye doc on Monday and asked him about the connection between my eye closing and my lip moving and he had a name for it... Aberrant Facial Nerve Regeneration!  Which is exactly what I have been saying happened... the facial nerve when it regenerated crossfired and short circuited and now it is wrongly connected.  He said there was nothing to be done for it.

Today, I was at a Neurologist appointment with my father in Easton and after the visit, I asked the doc if I could ask him a totally unrelated question.  I told him that it was perfectly fine with me if his answer was that I needed to go out to the front desk and make an appointment for myself before he would give me an answer.   He asked what the question was.  So, I told him about my bells palsy and showed him the effects of AFR (aberrant facial nerve regeneration) and asked if there was anything that could be done about it... his response was not after this long.

So, I guess I will have to live with this, unless a miracle happens!

No comments: